SAML (Security Assertion Mark-up Language)
Created by: Kislay Chandra
Modified on: Sat, 13 Jun, 2020 at 8:42 AM
Create an SAML application for Infraguard on OKTA
- Login to your OKTA account
- On your OKTA dashboard click on "Admin"
- Select "Applications" from the menu "Applications"
- Now click on "Add Application" and select "Create New App" from Add Application page
- Select platform as "Web" and Sign on method as "SAML 2.0"
- On General Settings tab fill out the form by putting App name as
InfraGuard and click on Next
- Fill Configure SAML tab form as follows:
- For "Single sign-on URL" put
- For "Audience URI (SP Entity ID)" put
- Name ID format will be EmailAddress, Application username is Email
- on ATTRIBUTE STATEMENTS click on Add Another two times and fill form
- Fill Name column with FirstName, LastName, Email
- For Value column put
user.email and click next
- Select "I'm an Okta customer adding an Internal app" for "Are you a customer or partner?"
- App type will be "This is an internal app that we have created" and then click on Finish
- Now go to the InfraGuard app and click on Sign On tab
- Click on View Setup Instructions button which will open link in new tab.
Share OKTA app details with Infraguard
- Copy "Identity Provider Single Sign-On URL:" and share it with your point of contact at InfraGuard.io.
Assign Users to your Infraguard App on OKTA
- Go to your applications on OKTA and select Ingraguard App
- Now, go to "Assignments" tab and click on "Assign" button and from the list select "Assign to People"
- A pop-up will appear with list of people
- Click assign button next to all the person you want to be able to access Infraguard
- Click Done
Add Users to app.infraguard.io
- Follow Add User document to add assigned users to infraguard with Relevant role
- Make sure the user have same Email-id on both OKTA and Infraguard
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.