Onboard your AWS servers via Automation for SAAS
Created by: IG Support
Modified on: Fri, 29 Jul, 2022 at 11:49 PM
Create a Role for communicating with InfraGuard
- Log into the AWS account
- Go to CloudFormation and create a stack with AWS-SystemsManager-AutomationExecutionRole attached to this document
- It will prompt you to enter your AWS account id as "028197385767". Enter and create the stack
- This will create an IAM role
Ensure SSM is installed and active
- Log on to your AWS console and click on “Run Command” under the “AWS SYSTEMS MANAGER” service
- Click on “Run a command”
- Select “AWS-RunShellScript” for Linux or "AWS-RunPowerShellScript" for Windows from the list of Command document
- Now click on the select instance button and select the instance from the instance list
sudo status amazon-ssm-agent for Linux and
Get-Service -Name "AmazonSSMAgent" for Windows instance in the commands text area and click 'Run'
- Now click on command id and select 'Output' tab and then view the output
- Make sure the output is
Onboard your servers to InfraGuard
- Log onto app.infraguard.io account
- Select CLUSTER from side-menu
- Click on “MANAGE ACCOUNT”
- Add your Role ARN (IAM -> Roles ->AWS-SystemsManager-AutomationExecutionRole)
- Add external ID as "InfraGuardApp"
- Click ‘Sync’
- Wait for 2 minutes then check your inbox to get a report for onboarding
- Now, you can see your server on IG
IG is the author of this solution article.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.